Questions to Ask at Car Dealerships
When you are in the market for a used car, it is often best to buy from a dealership rather than through a private sale. With private sales, there is too much of a risk that you are going to get a lemon, and you would not be able to do anything about it. When you buy from a dealership, you know you are going to get a quality vehicle that is in excellent condition, and at a reasonable price. It is important that you ask plenty of questions about any vehicle you are interested in, to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Here are some of the top questions to ask at dealerships:
- Have your mechanics inspected the vehicle? Ask about inspections, if there were any problems with the vehicle, and what was done to fix those problems. You should be able to get this paperwork so you can take the time to really look it over.
- Can I see maintenance records? The dealership should be able to provide you with information about the maintenance done to the vehicle by the previous owner.
- Can you throw in any extras? If you ask, many dealerships will offer extra equipment, such as new tires, air conditioning, or even a stereo system.
- Do you offer financing? It is so much more convenient when you can get financing through the dealership rather than having to go to your bank to apply for financing. It is also usually much faster to get approval.
- Do you accept trade-ins? If you have a decent vehicle, but you are simply looking to trade up, it never hurts to ask if you can trade that vehicle in. If you can, you won't have to pay as much for the vehicle you want to buy.
- What is your return policy? You can't return a used vehicle and get your money back. But, if you buy a vehicle and aren't happy with it, you may be able to trade it for another vehicle of equal value.
Many people don't ask enough questions when they are buying vehicles from dealerships, like Performance Automobiles, and often they end up either paying too much for their vehicles, or not being happy with what they buy. The more questions you ask, the more likely you will be to have the best car-buying experience, and come home with the best vehicle for you.